This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with RHC Hosting. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document RHC Hosting may suspend or terminate your account without notice.
Acceptable Usage Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") is designed to help protect us, our customers and the Internet community in general, from irresponsible or - in some cases - illegal activities.
The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by RHC Hosting. RHC Hosting reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon update.
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
Prohibited uses of our Systems & Services
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through RHC Hosting's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or using any resource hosted on RHC Hosting's servers, is also prohibited. RHC Hosting accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by RHC Hosting customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing from any RHC Hosting-hosted server (or referencing any RHC Hosting account) is prohibited.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (ie: "cracking").
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any RHC Hosting customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (ie: synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the RHC Hosting network or on another provider's network.
10. Using RHC Hosting's Services to interfere with the use of the RHC Hosting network by other customers or authorized users.
11. Using RHC Hosting's Services to mine bitcoins
Each RHC Hosting customer is fully responsible for the activities taking place on their servers and by accepting services from RHC Hosting, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy.
Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an RHC Hosting customer will be forwarded to the RHC Hosting customer's postmaster for action. If violations of this Policy occur, RHC Hosting reserves the right to terminate services without notice and/or take action to stop the offending customer from violating this Policy.
Customers purposely using RHC Hosting network or servers for illegal activities will be reported to Anti-fraud agencies